Definition of white-collar in English:
1Relating to the work done or the people who work in an office or other professional environment.
- The white-collar salaried professions, such as public administration and banking, did however, provide the potential for mobility.
- About 50 million Americans work in these white-collar office jobs.
- Changes in employment that have downgraded the status and pay of many of the old white-collar professions have rendered this term almost meaningless.
1.1Denoting non-violent crime committed by white-collar workers, especially fraud.
- More regular surveys are being conducted of business corporations, resulting in greater exposure of fraud and white-collar crime.
- The alleged criminal conduct was a nonviolent white-collar crime of which the many bank depositors in the Pekin area were the victims.
- The Federal Trade Commission has named identity theft the fastest-growing white-collar crime today.
Words that rhyme with white-collarayatollah, choler, collar, corolla, dollar, dolour (US dolor), Hezbollah, holler, scholar, squalor, wallah, Waller
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.