- Fish with pale flesh, such as plaice, halibut, cod, and haddock. Compare with red fish.More example sentences
- The new report looks at the likely earnings and profits for vessels primarily fishing for white fish, such as cod and haddock, in the two areas.
- In the meantime, very gently cook a good quantity of white fish (I used haddock) in half a pint of milk with a bay leaf and a stock cube in it.
- My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.
More definitions of white fishDefinition of white fish in:
- The US English dictionary