- 1A sleepless night.[translating French nuit blanche]More example sentences
- Four thousand people may turn up to participate in the contest (as onlookers) and a white night is spent by restaurateurs to prepare for the multitude.
- 2A night when it is never properly dark, as in high latitudes in summer.More example sentences
- In summer the cities provide white nights with daylight lasting almost to midnight and dawn following dusk with great speed.
- Before her career as a spy really blazed across Russia's white nights and she became the KGB's favorite British agent, it was almost stillborn.
- The best time to visit this city is June - a period of the so-called white nights when the sun never sets down.
More definitions of white nightDefinition of white night in:
- The US English dictionary