- Any of a number of coniferous trees with whitish timber, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a North American tree which yields high-quality timber that is valued for intricate work (Pinus strobus, family Pinaceae). ● NZ the kahikatea.
- The Tree of Peace, a great white pine, is believed by the Iroquois to have been planted by the Peacemaker, who originally inspired the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy centuries before.
- They name all of the different medicine trees, and they say the great white pine is a symbol of the Great Law of the Great Peace.
- Because white pine is very sensitive to time of shearing, small white pine should be given top priority in the shearing schedule.
More definitions of white pineDefinition of white pine in:
- The US English dictionary