- A Eurasian poplar with lobed leaves that are white underneath and grey-green above. Also called abele.
More example sentences
- Populus alba, family Salicaceae
- In the white poplar, a broad shade tree in their grandparents' yard, Louise and Elizabeth climbed, swung, and hid.
- Regular application of Ca 2 + in the nutrient solution was shown to improve survival after freezing in both the freezing-tolerant white poplar and the susceptible hornbeam.
- White poplar is found in forty-three states throughout the contiguous U.S.
More definitions of white poplarDefinition of white poplar in:
- The US English dictionary