1 dated A Belorussian.
- The grammatical treatises of the time..are mainly the work of non-Russian scholars - White Russians and Ukrainians.
2An opponent of the Bolsheviks during the Russian Civil War.
- Perhaps this mixture comes from her background - her grandfather was a White Russian (her real name is Ilyena Lydia Mironoff), her mother a working-class English girl from Pimlico.
3A cocktail made of vodka, coffee liqueur, and milk served on ice.
- Jonnie Daniels tells me a White Russian is equal quantities of Vodka, Kahlua and milk.
- At one point a couple came in, ordered drinks - a White Russian for him, champagne for her.
- I do not drink any cocktails more complicated than Jack and Coke or a White Russian.
1 dated Belorussian.
- In the latter part of the seventeenth century the influence of the White Russian and Ukrainian scholars and writers began to be felt.
2Relating to the opponents of the Bolsheviks.
- By the end of 1930s, the Corps was an international force, with American, English, Scottish, Chinese, Italian, Jewish, Portuguese, Filipino and White Russian units.
- Its leader was a German Jew, Richard Kauder, who worked with two White Russian émigrés, Anton Turkul and Ilya Lang.
- Dunne, a silver-voiced soprano with aristocratic pretensions equal to any White Russian, had a great time in the role.
Definition of White Russian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.