- A shop’s sale of household linen.More example sentences
- The desire to save - which marketers exploit by concocting ‘white sales’ and ‘blue-light specials’ - can also lead to wasteful spending.
- An example of a white sale price is 20% of list price, but this varies widely.
- The tradition of having white sales this month began in 1878 when Philadelphia's John Wanamaker discounted all the white linens in his department store.
More definitions of white saleDefinition of white sale in:
- The US English dictionary