- An aggressive shrew with white teeth, native to Eurasia and Africa.
More example sentences
- Genus Crocidura, family Soricidae: numerous species. The pygmy white-toothed shrew (C. etruscus) is the smallest known terrestrial mammal
- This species is one of the commonest of the white-toothed shrews in western Europe.
- The lesser white-toothed shrew is found on the Isles of Scilly, Jersey and Sark, whilst the greater lives on Alderney, Guernsey and Herm.
- Lesser white-toothed shrews are much more social than other shrew species and often share the same nest with other adult shrews.