Definition of whiteboard in English:
1A wipeable board with a white surface used for teaching or presentations.
- On one wall is an ‘operations board’ - a whiteboard with a map of the village scrawled on it showing the extent of the flooding.
- Software-based command centres have taken over the type of duties that would have involved blackboards, whiteboards and flip charts, and replaced them with an electronic data management tool.
- I wish most presenters would use a simple on-screen slide show, or old-style film slides, or an overhead projector, or a whiteboard or flip chart!
1.1 (also interactive whiteboard) Computing An area common to several users or applications, where they can exchange information, in particular as handwriting or graphics.
- Some of the objects you'll find include folders, documents, whiteboards and URL links.
- There's also integrated Bluetooth, which can be used to connect to other Zodiacs for shared whiteboard applications, messaging, and wireless multiplayer gaming.
- The school is incredibly well resourced with a computer suite, dedicated library area and interactive whiteboards.
Words that rhyme with whiteboardsignboard • washboard
Definition of whiteboard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan