noun(usually whitecaps) North American
- A small wave with a foamy white crest: the wind pushed whitecaps across the surface of the waterMore example sentences
- The wind was blowing hard, driving big waves before it and occasionally pushing whitecaps over their tops.
- The wind was blowing (you can tell from the whitecaps on the waves), the clouds were low, and it was raining.
- Far off, other mountain peaks descended into smaller whitecaps and waves of hills that broke against the base of Cadillac Mountain.
More definitions of whitecapDefinition of whitecap in:
- The US English dictionary