noun (plural same or whitefishes)
- A mainly freshwater fish of the salmon family, widely used as food.
More example sentences
- Coregonus and other genera, family Salmonidae: several species. See cisco, houting, powan, and vendace
- Sport anglers flock there in pursuit of steelhead trout, coho salmon and whitefish.
- Spin casting for lake trout, whitefish, and northern pike is reason enough to pack the rods, but the big draw is fly-fishing for arctic grayling.
- Tuna, salmon, whitefish, and mackerel are good choices.
More definitions of whitefishDefinition of whitefish in:
- The US English dictionary