(also white-fronted goose)
A migratory goose with mainly grey plumage and a white forehead, breeding in northern Eurasia and North America.
- Genus Anser, family Anatidae: two species
More example sentences
- Travelling in smaller groups than snow geese (often in singles and pairs), whitefronts are more likely to decoy than snows.
- The rationale behind having seasons for both ‘dark’ geese (whitefronts, Canadas) run concurrently is to reduce chances waterfowlers could mistake a whitefront for a Canada when the Canada season is open and whitefronts closed.
- Loose observation of whitefronts already in the Houston area indicates a high percentage of tan-breasted juveniles, which tend to be more gullible than adults
Definition of whitefront in:
- The US English dictionary