Make or become white: [with object]: snow whitened the mountain tops [no object]: she gripped the handle until her knuckles whitened
More example sentences
- Mike gripped the arms of his seat until his knuckles whitened.
- It had my audience on the edge of its seats, lips parted, knuckles whitened.
- I clench the steering wheel, my knuckles whitening.
- Example sentences
- On Wednesday the focus was on the prevalent use of skin whiteners and the dangers of using products which are not approved by the health ministry.
- A disturbing trend is that they go after easily available addictives such as whiteners and petroleum-based glues.
- Messy, smelly fake tans, foundations that disappear before lunchtime and skin whiteners could soon be a thing of the past.
Words that rhyme with whitenBlyton, brighten, Brighton, Crichton, enlighten, frighten, heighten, lighten, righten, tighten, titan, triton
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: whiten
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.