Definition of whiten in English:
Make or become white: [with object]: snow whitened the mountain tops [no object]: she gripped the handle until her knuckles whitened
More example sentences
- Mike gripped the arms of his seat until his knuckles whitened.
- It had my audience on the edge of its seats, lips parted, knuckles whitened.
- I clench the steering wheel, my knuckles whitening.
- Example sentences
- On Wednesday the focus was on the prevalent use of skin whiteners and the dangers of using products which are not approved by the health ministry.
- A disturbing trend is that they go after easily available addictives such as whiteners and petroleum-based glues.
- Messy, smelly fake tans, foundations that disappear before lunchtime and skin whiteners could soon be a thing of the past.
Words that rhyme with whitenBlyton, brighten, Brighton, Crichton, enlighten, frighten, heighten, lighten, righten, tighten, titan, triton
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.