A dwarf European plant with a rosette of leaves at the base of a low flowering stem, growing widely on rocks and walls. It was formerly believed to cure whitlows.
- Genus Erophila, family Cruciferae: several species, in particular E. verna
More example sentences
- The spring draba, or spring whitlow-grass, grows throughout the United States and Canada.
- Spring whitlow-grass is a small annual that is easy to overlook because of its diminutive size, yet it is often one of the most abundant flowering plants underfoot in the west.
- Whitlow grass likes to grow in a sunny part of the garden, but is fine in slightly shaded areas too.
Definition of whitlow-grass in:
- The US English dictionary