Entry from US English dictionary
Definition of whole body scan in English:
A CT scan of the torso, especially one obtained for health screening purposes.
- Osman opted to try a ‘true whole body scan’ on the patient to evaluate his condition.
- That's still a small individual risk, but probably not worth taking for the limited value of these whole body scans.
- And I'll certainly not have a whole body scan with helical CT.
whole body scanning noun
- Example sentences
- Meanwhile, on the other side of the former Iron Curtain, US contributors describe the growing fashion for whole body scanning.
- One advantage of the present invention is that it enables both tomographic and whole body scanning to be performed with a single table.
- The technique allows efficient whole body scanning for fast screening of abnormalities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.