Entry from US English dictionary
A CT scan of the torso, especially one obtained for health screening purposes.
- Osman opted to try a ‘true whole body scan’ on the patient to evaluate his condition.
- That's still a small individual risk, but probably not worth taking for the limited value of these whole body scans.
- And I'll certainly not have a whole body scan with helical CT.
whole body scanning noun
- Example sentences
- Meanwhile, on the other side of the former Iron Curtain, US contributors describe the growing fashion for whole body scanning.
- One advantage of the present invention is that it enables both tomographic and whole body scanning to be performed with a single table.
- The technique allows efficient whole body scanning for fast screening of abnormalities.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: whole bod·y scan
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.