Another term for full-time.
- Station officer Andy Green, from Melksham, joined the service as a retained firefighter based at Trowbridge, in 1984, joining whole-time in 1990.
- They would do everything that whole-time firefighters would do, even though it may take a couple of years to be completely trained.
- Farmers manage 75 per cent of the land in the UK and, in 1984, their workforce totalled 161,000 regular whole-time farm workers.
- Example sentences
- He is based at Swindon as a whole-timer but when he is off duty he leads the retained fire crews.
- Janah moved to Bombay, where he became a full party member and a whole-timer living in party headquarters.
- She encouraged young activists and women to work as whole-timers in the Party.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.