The religious cult of modern witchcraft, especially an initiatory tradition founded in England in the mid 20th century and claiming its origins in pre-Christian pagan religions: a guild for those interested in paganism, Wicca, and folklore
More example sentences
- Adherents of Wicca, a pagan religion, worship nature and focus on positive energy.
- There are so many out there, Jewish, Moslem, Russian Orthodox, Wicca - a religion for all seasons.
- I really don't think there is a more feared and hated religion than Paganism or Wicca.
Wiccan adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- It seems to me that there's a great deal of borrowing from paganism and Wiccan cultures.
- I learned later that a couple of Wiccan groups and a Shamanic Drum circle use the same area for activities on the weekends.
- Secondly, unlike some cultures with powerful goddesses in their pantheons, Wiccans espouse norms of gender equality.
Representing Old English wicca 'witch'.
Words that rhyme with Wiccabicker, clicker, dicker, flicker, kicker, liquor, nicker, picker, pricker, shicker, slicker, snicker, sticker, ticker, tricker, vicar, whicker, wicker
Definition of Wicca in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.