- Either of simple wickerwork or of wood and covered with the skin of a sheep or goat, it was of crescent shape, a segment being cut out of the top edge to allow the peltast unobstructed vision while casting his javelin.
- In Europe armourers have invariably been workers in metal, but in other parts of the world materials such as wickerwork, bone, and coconut fibre have been used.
- Cribs, cradles and bassinets are traditionally woven from wickerwork.
1.1Furniture or other items made of wicker.
- There will be exhibitors offering garden furniture, pots, wickerwork, gardening tools and implements old and new, wrought ironwork and various craft stalls.
- The display included paintings, embroidery, wickerwork, all types of souvenirs, items from wood, etc.
- Yemenis still practice traditional handicrafts such as silver and copperwork, dagger manufacturing, carpentry, boat building, pottery, weaving and dyeing, wickerwork, and leather tanning.
Definition of wickerwork in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.