Definition of wickerwork in English:
- Either of simple wickerwork or of wood and covered with the skin of a sheep or goat, it was of crescent shape, a segment being cut out of the top edge to allow the peltast unobstructed vision while casting his javelin.
- In Europe armourers have invariably been workers in metal, but in other parts of the world materials such as wickerwork, bone, and coconut fibre have been used.
- Cribs, cradles and bassinets are traditionally woven from wickerwork.
1.1Furniture or other items made of wicker.
- There will be exhibitors offering garden furniture, pots, wickerwork, gardening tools and implements old and new, wrought ironwork and various craft stalls.
- The display included paintings, embroidery, wickerwork, all types of souvenirs, items from wood, etc.
- Yemenis still practice traditional handicrafts such as silver and copperwork, dagger manufacturing, carpentry, boat building, pottery, weaving and dyeing, wickerwork, and leather tanning.
Words that rhyme with wickerworkironwork • underwork
Definition of wickerwork in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan