- A fielder stationed close behind a batsman’s wicket and typically equipped with gloves and pads.More example sentences
- The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicketkeepers and five strike bowlers.
- So teams can pick seven batsmen and five bowlers or, in India's case, seven batsmen and a wicketkeeper.
- Has there ever been a Test match where both wicketkeepers have stumped each other?
- More example sentences
- The selectors, of course, would have looked at his wicketkeeping, rather than his batting, as the core reason for choosing him.
- You were a fast bowler before you decided to take up wicketkeeping.
- The Bears' fielding and wicketkeeping have always held their own in the SuperSport series, but Border desperately need big scores to complement their fine bowling attack.
More definitions of wicketkeeperDefinition of wicketkeeper in:
- The US English dictionary