Definition of wicketkeeper in English:
A fielder stationed close behind a batsman’s wicket and typically equipped with gloves and pads.
- The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicketkeepers and five strike bowlers.
- So teams can pick seven batsmen and five bowlers or, in India's case, seven batsmen and a wicketkeeper.
- Has there ever been a Test match where both wicketkeepers have stumped each other?
- Example sentences
- The selectors, of course, would have looked at his wicketkeeping, rather than his batting, as the core reason for choosing him.
- You were a fast bowler before you decided to take up wicketkeeping.
- The Bears' fielding and wicketkeeping have always held their own in the SuperSport series, but Border desperately need big scores to complement their fine bowling attack.
Definition of wicketkeeper in:
- US English dictionary