- Having important and widely applicable effects: a proposal with wide-reaching implications a wide-reaching newspaper campaignMore example sentences
- The arrest was one of 21 in a wide-reaching sting operation involving race-fixing.
- Parliament must hold a full and wide-reaching inquiry into the domestic operations of our intelligence services, and it must do so publicly and openly.
- It is important that individuals and communities get involved at an early stage when these wide-reaching plans are prepared.
More definitions of wide-reachingDefinition of wide-reaching in:
- The US English dictionary