- A small monetary contribution from someone who is poor: this is indeed the widow’s mite—it’s a whole shilling I’m giving youMore example sentences
- True charity, like the widow's mite, should cost the donor something.
- Or they are trying to squeeze out the last of the widow's mite before the country becomes a total sewer.
- For some, whose gifts are not well rewarded financially by our economic value system, time and talent may be the widow's mite that Jesus once praised so thoroughly.
with biblical allusion to Mark 12:43.
More definitions of widow's miteDefinition of widow's mite in:
- The US English dictionary