- 1A dangerous machine or piece of equipment.More example sentences
- Here come the widow-makers, goes the cry as our tanks advance.
- 1.1North American A dead branch caught precariously high in a tree which may fall on a person below.More example sentences
- Branches over a trail that are broken and being suspended by other branches - called ‘widow-makers’ by woods-workers - are the most common of these.
- In favor of grazing cattle and the occasional hunting camp, the government had dashed our hopes like a falling widow-maker.
More definitions of widow-makerDefinition of widow-maker in:
- The US English dictionary