- The state or period of being a widow or widower: the loneliness of widowhoodMore example sentences
- Provided that this has been purchased for a period of 13 weeks prior to widowhood, the sum of 10s weekly will be paid during the remainder of life or period of widowhood.
- It may indeed not be essential one marry at all: one may choose celibacy to satisfy a special calling, or out of widowhood, necessity of age or physical condition, or simply according to disposition.
- In the second year of widowhood, Heinz withdrew into her grief and accepted a doctor's advice to go on Prozac.
More definitions of widowhoodDefinition of widowhood in:
- The US English dictionary