- In a direction parallel with a thing’s width: fold the pastry in half widthwaysMore example sentences
- Fold the fabric in half lengthwise, then widthwise, to create four layers.
- The foam or filling material can be mounted on the cutting mechanism either lengthwise or widthwise, and cut in either direction.
- Wedge the tomatoes, slice the cucumber in two lengthwise then slice it widthwise, dice the feta, slice the red onion thinly, stone the olives (not the crows), hack up the parsley and then mix them all up.
More definitions of widthwaysDefinition of widthways in:
- The US English dictionary