(also informal weenie, wienie ˈwiːni)
Definition of wiener in English:
1A frankfurter or similar sausage.
- All that can be said with any certainty is that in the closing decades of the 19th century frankfurters and wienies were being sold in buns in various cities in the USA.
- The essence of baseball food is a bun-wrapped wiener - be it hot dog, bratwurst or sausage.
- Is it the taste of the charred meat - steak, hamburger, wieners whatever - or dining out in the fresh air that raises exhilaration to such a high level?
2 vulgar slang A man’s penis.
- Keep your insecurities to yourself, and spend your time in bed worrying about the depth of her pleasure rather than the length of your wiener.
- I thought the difference between high school and college was that in college the girls came up and talked to the guys, and maybe grabbed our wieners or something.
- ‘The Faculty’ doesn't elevate anything except probably the wieners of some teenage boys looking at the pretty teen hotties.
3 informal A stupid, boring, or contemptible person.
- Or maybe we do and that's why we're contemplating calling Bob a weenie, because he reminds us too much of cousin Eddie.
- Now, Manos's Master may look like a weenie with his slim build, pasty complexion, and prominent cheek bones, but the mustache is our first clue that he's a lady killer (literally).
- After a while we find out there were more people in the basement, they were just too busy being wieners to come up.
Early 20th century: abbreviation of German Wienerwurst 'Vienna sausage'.
Words that rhyme with wienerAdelina, Angelina, arena, Argentina, ballerina, Ballymena, Bettina, Bukovina, Burkina, cantina, Cartagena, casuarina, catena, Christina, cleaner, concertina, congener, contravener, convener, Cortina, demeanour (US demeanor), deus ex machina, duodena, Edwina, Ena, farina, Filipina, galena, Georgina, Gina, gleaner, hyena, Ina, intervener, kachina, kina, Magdalena, marina, Martina, Medina, Messalina, Messina, misdemeanour (US misdemeanor), Nina, novena, ocarina, Palestrina, Pasadena, Philomena, piscina, retsina, Rowena, Sabrina, scarlatina, screener, Selina, semolina, Seraphina, Serena, Sheena, signorina, sonatina, subpoena, Taormina, tsarina, verbena, vina, weaner, Wilhelmina, Zena
Definition of wiener in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.