nounUS • informal
- A man’s sleeveless vest or T-shirt.More example sentences
- Cameron pulled his dark blue polo shirt over his white wife-beater, and checked his reflection in the mirror.
- Now it was a black mini-skirt with a white wife-beater and black combat boots.
- She wore a white wife-beater and soft blue jeans.
apparently from the association of such a garment with men who commit domestic violence.
More definitions of wife-beaterDefinition of wife-beater in:
- The US English dictionary