- (Of an animal) taken from the wild rather than bred from captive stock: a zoo known to have bought wild-caught gorillas on the black marketMore example sentences
- Gallinaceous birds seem to be ideal model hosts for this kind of experimental study because wild-caught birds can be bred and raised in captivity and released successfully into wild populations.
- Therefore, I measured the average extraction rate of each species separately using wild-caught birds that I put into a large aviary.
- His organization opposes the trade in wild-caught birds because of conservation and cruelty concerns, but he warns of its health hazards as well.
More definitions of wild-caughtDefinition of wild-caught in:
- The US English dictionary