- A foolish and hopeless search for or pursuit of something unattainable: physicists searching for the hypothetical particle may be on a wild goose chaseMore example sentences
- He considers that I was on a wild goose chase in searching for the American poet ‘Corduroy’ mentioned in a reminiscence of Clare in the asylum.
- If we continue to believe that we need to find that one right person or that one wise individual, then we are stuck on a hopeless road of a wild goose chase.
- However, since most of you haven't got the time or the inclination to go on a wild goose chase, let alone research obscure yet positively breath-taking phobias, I thought I would give you a peek.
More definitions of wild goose chaseDefinition of wild goose chase in:
- The US English dictionary