A tall aquatic American grass related to rice, with edible grains.
- Zizania aquatica, family Gramineae
More example sentences
- The latter, sometimes called Manchurian wild rice or water grass, has broader leaves, which are used for wrapping dumplings.
- If your pond is at least three feet deep, you can experiment with wild rice, water lotus, and water lily.
- Gish did not identify any wild rice, maize, or cucurbit pollen.
More definitions of wild riceDefinition of wild rice in:
- The US English dictionary