noun (plural same or wildebeests)
- another term for gnu.More example sentences
- To get to class, students travel a path known as the Warthog Trot, a winding trail through the bush that's also used by giraffes, kudu, wildebeests, and impalas.
- They are typically graceful, having long legs and horns, and include the eland, wildebeest, gazelle, springbok, hartebeest, impala, etc.
- The grazers are mainly antelope, wildebeest, hartebeest, oribi, impala, gazelle, reedbuck, roan and sable antelope.
early 19th century: from Afrikaans, literally 'wild beast'.
More definitions of wildebeestDefinition of wildebeest in:
- The US English dictionary