- Game birds, especially aquatic ones; waterfowl: the flooded areas provided abundant fish and wildfowl which could be huntedMore example sentences
- This development attracts passage migrant waders, nesting lapwing and redshank together with winter wildfowl.
- No wonder the North Kent Marshes is the winter home of an estimated 200,000 wildfowl and waders and that its biodiversity is regarded as being of international importance.
- The Norfolk coast, renowned for its wealth of wintering wildfowl and waders, continues to attract parties of ever-elusive and enigmatic shorelarks.
More definitions of wildfowlDefinition of wildfowl in:
- The US English dictionary