- A mineral, typically greenish-yellow and fluorescent, consisting of a silicate of zinc.More example sentences
- Associated minerals can include cerussite, anglesite, pyromorphite, smithsonite, hemimorphite, wulfenite, willemite, vanadinite, descloizite, caledonite, and others.
- Hemimorphite, cerussite, willemite, and chrysocolla occur in all the mines.
- Local collectors had tentatively identified it as willemite or smithsonite, based perhaps on the occurrence of botryoidal blue hemimorphite at the same locality.
mid 19th century: from the name of Willem I (1772–1843), king of the Netherlands, + -ite1.
More definitions of willemiteDefinition of willemite in:
- The US English dictionary