A plant of temperate regions that typically has willow-like leaves and pink or pale purple flowers.
- Epilobium and related genera, family Onagraceae: many species, including the common great hairy willowherb (E. hirsutum) of Eurasia, and the rosebay
More example sentences
- Among the common wildflowers are one-flowered cinquefoil, woolly lousewort, alpine willowherb, three saxifrages, and an Indian paintbrush.
- But this warbler is usually associated with tangled vegetation near water or with reedbeds containing alders and an undergrowth including bramble, nettle and willowherb.
- Not long ago so many plants sprouted from a single packet of seed that willowherb itself might have been jealous.
Definition of willowherb in:
- The US English dictionary