noun (plural willies)British informal
Early 20th century: pet form of the given name William.
Words that rhyme with willyBillie, billy, Chile, chilli (US chili), chilly, Dili, dilly, filly, frilly, ghillie, gillie, Gilly, hilly, Lillee, lily, Lyly, papillae, Philly, Piccadilly, piccalilli, silly, skilly, stilly, Tilly, willy-nilly
- 1chuck (or throw) a willy
- Australian /NZ informal Display sudden anger: he chucks a willy when I ask him if he is ready to say sorryMore example sentences
- Royce'd throw a willy if he caught you out here.
- Although you have cast dispersions on my integrity, I will not throw a willy.
- Most receivers just don't like the cloud storage, and chuck a willy.
1930s: perhaps from willy-willy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.