Definition of wimple in English:
A cloth headdress covering the head, neck, and the sides of the face, formerly worn by women and still worn by some nuns.
- One day, as she roams deep in the forest, ill with allergies and the flu, her sweat-shirt hood pulled tightly around her like a postmodern wimple, Ann experiences an apparition of the Virgin Mary.
- The lord had always thought it was a shame that women, in the most blossoming point in their life, had to bind their hair and hide it under wimples and veils.
- ‘My mother will give you your first wimple and veil,’ she said flatly.
- Example sentences
- His dense collages are like the inner workings of a sputtering cartoon steam engine, ejaculating random phrases and shaky, wimpled shapes.
- There's a certifiable obsession with textures evident, each surface shaded in a different pattern: the plastered walls, the wimpled counters, the rutted tabletops.
Words that rhyme with wimpledimple, pimple, simple
Definition of wimple in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.