- A decorative arrangement of small pieces of glass, metal, or shell suspended from a frame, typically hung near a door or window so as make a tinkling sound in the draught.More example sentences
- I glared menacingly out the window as the wind chime shuddered and rang from the gale.
- A wall hanging with a touch of creativity, a wind chime that tinkles as it sways, and specially-prepared sweet hampers could create the right impression at almost any social occasion.
- My dolphin-shaped wind chime hung above the window, but it was still and silent as if it was waiting for something to happen before daring to make a sound.
More definitions of wind chimesDefinition of wind chimes in:
- The US English dictionary