- A tunnel-like apparatus for producing an airstream of known velocity past models of aircraft, buildings, etc., in order to investigate flow or the effect of wind on the full-size object.More example sentences
- During those short nine months, numerous then-revolutionary testing methods - including a wind tunnel, and a full-size fuselage mock-up - were undertaken.
- Hibbard listened to the young designer and sent Johnson and the model back to the wind tunnel for further testing.
- Put that wing in a wind tunnel and measure the effect of various wind speeds and you have a simulation.
More definitions of wind tunnelDefinition of wind tunnel in:
- The US English dictionary