- 1Arrive or end up in a specified state, situation, or place: she wound up in hospital with pneumoniaMore example sentences
- And, if you don't want to wind up in that situation, you need to pack heat and be prepared to resist at the point of abduction.
- We all wind up in your situation sooner or later, and I agree - it's tough.
- Shaking his head in disbelief, he wondered how he'd come to wind up in this situation to begin with.
More definitions of wind upDefinition of wind up in:
- The US English dictionary