- A thing, such as a row of trees or a fence, wall, or screen, that provides shelter or protection from the wind.More example sentences
- But as you rise, the air becomes cooler and you find yourself in hanging river valleys where the mountains widen into a cascade of terraces with groves of orange and citrus trees protected by windbreaks of cypress.
- The detrimental effects of wind on vines are described under wind stress; installing windbreaks can provide a solution.
- By providing a windbreak, trees (especially evergreens) also help reduce individual heating bills by up to 30 percent.
More definitions of windbreakDefinition of windbreak in:
- The US English dictionary