- A device or mechanism used to wind something, especially something such as a watch or clock or the film in a camera: the built-in winder is capable of three frames per second [in combination]: a hose-winderMore example sentences
- The ingenuity of the contraption was that a string was wound around the alarm winder and the other end tied to the bolt.
- It amounts to a dark basement with shelving filled with film cans, reel-to-reel winders, thousands of press clippings and photos, stickers, flyers, and a tiny radio.
- In the Moderator the spring-driven mechanism was set in motion by a key winder at the top of the lamp base, just below the burner, rather than at the bottom of the base, as in the Carcel lamp.
More definitions of winderDefinition of winder in:
- The US English dictionary