Definition of window seat in English:
1A seat below a window, especially one in a bay or alcove.
- It had a huge wardrobe with mirror doors and a window with a padded window seat that looked out at the quiet tree-lined street below.
- Leaning her head against the glass, Jaid sat on her window seat and looked out onto the quiet street below.
- A lovely window seat has been built into one of the bay windows, and a pine floor has just been laid - the carpet was destroyed by our parties.
1.1A seat next to a window in an aircraft or train.
- The train was more crowded than I expected, so in order to get a window seat, I moved into the inoperative cafe car.
- I found myself a good window seat and settled in for the ride.
- On our final approach to O'Hare, I was sitting in the window seat and Walter was sitting next to me on the aisle.
Definition of window seat in:
- US English dictionary