- A long wide tube or funnel of sailcloth used to convey air to the lower parts of a ship.More example sentences
- For example, breaks, windsails and bellows were devised to control the revolutions of the wheel, while slide rules were adopted to calculate the work-rate and clock bells were installed to ring at the end of a treading stint.
- The horizontal shaft with windsails was not set at a true 90 degree angle but approximately 80 degrees making it possible for the said sweep to clear the turret completely.
- According to Burt the remaining cowls were replaced by windsails but apparently the nets and some cowls were remounted in 1903.
More definitions of windsailDefinition of windsail in:
- The US English dictionary