- A thick crust formed on the surface of soft snow by the wind, of a kind liable to slip and create an avalanche.More example sentences
- Twight and I briefly considered the West Rib or the Messner Couloir, but both had two feet of avalanche-prone windslab over blue ice.
- The new low-density snow has not bonded so watch for cohesive windslabs that have formed over the top.
- These windslabs often obscure rocks and other hazards and react easily to skier traffic.
More definitions of windslabDefinition of windslab in:
- The US English dictionary