nounchiefly North American
- A storm with very strong wind but little or no rain or snow; a gale.More example sentences
- Besides genetics, factors that keep most eastern old growth from soaring to the skies are thin, rocky soils and frequent hurricanes, windstorms, and ice storms.
- Rain storms and windstorms and turbulent waves and whatever other kind of disaster existed had thrown itself at them.
- Also, windstorms from Gulf Coastal storms do induce significant damage in forests even farther inland than these mountain stands.
More definitions of windstormDefinition of windstorm in:
- The US English dictionary