- 1(Of a place) exposed to strong winds: the windswept moorsMore example sentences
- An isolated, bleak windswept wilderness it lies well off the beaten track and until recently was completely closed to foreigners.
- Walking on wet limestone is like walking on ice and the windswept nature of the region makes death from exposure a very real threat.
- As I looked out over the windswept landscape, I felt as if I were pulled into the drama revealing itself to me.
- 1.1Untidy after being exposed to the wind: his windswept hairMore example sentences
- His white blonde hair was windswept and dishevelled, and his bright blue eyes were bright and alert.
- He was a bit windswept, his hair rather unkempt and his jacket wrinkled, after riding such a long way on horseback, but he looked the same as ever to the girls.
- Tyler ran his hand through his already windswept hair.