Definition of wine cellar in English:
1A cellar in which wine is stored.
- The excavators are unsure what it is, with several suggestions of cold store, wine cellar, privy and wellhead.
- On this level there is a wine cellar, toilet, cloakroom and coal store as well as additional storage space.
- The development will have a variety of facilities including shops, restaurants, a gym, pool, spa, game room, a wine cellar with private lockers and a library.
1.1A stock of wine: this restaurant has a magnificent wine cellar, with over 3000 bottles
More example sentences
- Like how small the windows were and where in such a tiny fuselage they found space for such an extraordinarily well stocked wine cellar.
- ‘We take a wine cellar on the road,’ she explains, ‘but we never indulge till after the show.
- It's now known that Hussein maintained a top-shelf selection of liquor and a six-figure wine cellar, even while denying so much as a sip to his soldiers.
Definition of wine cellar in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan