Definition of wine glass in English:
A glass with a stem and foot, used for drinking wine.
- They also undertook glass painting decorating a wine glass or tumbler, which was provided according to their own taste.
- ‘Marriages’ of two separate glasses, such as the bowl of a wine glass joined to another stem, can be passed off as an original glass.
- The all-important water glass is just above the knife, with the wine glass - or glasses, if red and white will both be served - to the right of it.
wineglassful noun (plural wineglassfuls)
- Example sentences
- Strain and drink a small wineglassful whenever needed.
- A wineglassful taken each morning before breakfast is the full dose, but at first it may be desirable to give only half this quantity.
- While whipping add three wineglassfuls of Marsala and one liqueur glass of Maraschino brandy.
Words that rhyme with wine glasstooth glass • subclass
Definition of wine glass in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan