Definition of wine tasting in English:
1The action of judging the quality of wine by tasting it.
- This resulted in a speedy tour of the winery and a somewhat speedy course in wine tasting.
- The selection of 25 wines by the glass is also an easy way to elicit more adventurous wine tasting, he adds.
- And if that doesn't leave you with a full place on Sunday morning you can partake in workshops and wine tasting, hosted by winemakers from Beaujolais and Bordeaux, followed by a private food market.
1.1 [count noun] An occasion on which various different wines are tasted and evaluated.
- At the door was a messenger with a beautiful engraved invitation to a wine tasting hosted by God himself.
- Lisa Paul, marketing director of Chicago-based distributor Vin Divino, suggests that anyone new to hosting wine tastings speak first with their sales representative.
- On 30 September, the Californian winery Kendall-Jackson conducts a wine tasting for Benjamin West Patrons after a private view of Pre-Raphaelite and Other Masters.
wine taster noun
- Example sentences
- Before working at Fifteen, Roberto was a wine taster for Marks & Spencer.
- One of them, Marie Ellwood, says: ‘I heard a wine taster talking about a hint of Nivea cream and most people would have thought it was utter nonsense, but I knew exactly where she was coming from.’
- I am also a marvelous wine taster, but I'm sure you are all aware of that, and one shouldn't brag.
Definition of wine tasting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan