Definition of wine tasting in English:
1The action of judging the quality of wine by tasting it.
- This resulted in a speedy tour of the winery and a somewhat speedy course in wine tasting.
- The selection of 25 wines by the glass is also an easy way to elicit more adventurous wine tasting, he adds.
- And if that doesn't leave you with a full place on Sunday morning you can partake in workshops and wine tasting, hosted by winemakers from Beaujolais and Bordeaux, followed by a private food market.
1.1 [count noun] An occasion on which various different wines are tasted and evaluated.
- At the door was a messenger with a beautiful engraved invitation to a wine tasting hosted by God himself.
- Lisa Paul, marketing director of Chicago-based distributor Vin Divino, suggests that anyone new to hosting wine tastings speak first with their sales representative.
- On 30 September, the Californian winery Kendall-Jackson conducts a wine tasting for Benjamin West Patrons after a private view of Pre-Raphaelite and Other Masters.
wine taster noun
- Example sentences
- Before working at Fifteen, Roberto was a wine taster for Marks & Spencer.
- One of them, Marie Ellwood, says: ‘I heard a wine taster talking about a hint of Nivea cream and most people would have thought it was utter nonsense, but I knew exactly where she was coming from.’
- I am also a marvelous wine taster, but I'm sure you are all aware of that, and one shouldn't brag.
Definition of wine tasting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.