Definition of winebibber in English:
nounarchaic or literary
A habitual drinker of alcohol.
- In fact the imp has just made the excellent point that Jesus himself was very fond of a drink (his enemies called him a winebibber, remember).
- ‘Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty’ (Proverbs 23: 20-21 KJV)
- If we remain faithful to the God of Thunder and Lightning, what can we fear from the God of winebibbers?
winebibbing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- You begin to understand why the late great A.J. Liebling, the old New Yorker's peerless connoisseur of all sport, from winebibbing to politics, despised baseball.
- It's obvious that the alcoholics and boozers and other kinds of people who engage in winebibbing are the weaker brothers, if they're Christians at all, which I doubt.
- It's the people God and Jesus love: the greedy, smelly, selfish, winebibbing, note-cribbing, pride-filled, smoke-filled, hate-filled men and women who live here on planet earth.
Definition of winebibber in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan