nounarchaic or literary
A habitual drinker of alcohol.
- In fact the imp has just made the excellent point that Jesus himself was very fond of a drink (his enemies called him a winebibber, remember).
- ‘Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty’ (Proverbs 23: 20-21 KJV)
- If we remain faithful to the God of Thunder and Lightning, what can we fear from the God of winebibbers?
winebibbing noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- You begin to understand why the late great A.J. Liebling, the old New Yorker's peerless connoisseur of all sport, from winebibbing to politics, despised baseball.
- It's obvious that the alcoholics and boozers and other kinds of people who engage in winebibbing are the weaker brothers, if they're Christians at all, which I doubt.
- It's the people God and Jesus love: the greedy, smelly, selfish, winebibbing, note-cribbing, pride-filled, smoke-filled, hate-filled men and women who live here on planet earth.
Definition of winebibber in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.