- (In a bird’s wing) each of the smaller feathers covering the bases of the flight feathers.More example sentences
- To gain a general idea of overall plumage color pattern, we scanned the following color patches for each individual: crown, beard, collar, chest, belly, back, rump, primary tail feathers, wing coverts, and epaulets.
- Both sexes have black plumage with conspicuous black curled tertials and wing coverts.
- In males, we could also distinguish between juveniles and adults, as the greater upper wing coverts of the juveniles are gray, whereas these feathers are pure white in adults.
More definitions of wing covertDefinition of wing covert in:
- The US English dictionary